It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Aarklash Legacy Kicking My Butt

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

darnitan

Aarklash Legacy Kicking My Butt

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 3:03 am

I picked up A:L on a whim on steam. Game really sold me on the videos and the screens, of course I did a bit more digging when I fo - never mind that, I was going to discuss something else entirely!

I'm playing the game on the hard difficulty. And yeah, it's a challenge. I'm not far into the game, just beat the tutorial level and started the next bit. I died in 4 areas.

The first time I died was when those sneaky lions were introduced.
The second time was when I rushed into a battle.
The third time against a secret enemy (there is a puzzle section in the second area won't say where or what kind - just keep your eyes peeled. I missed it the first time, if I hadn't died rushing into the battle I would have missed it for sure).
The fourth time against that friggen Chimera that one shots you!

I still haven't beaten the Chimera (I've died like 3 times on it!) but I'm doing better (took it down to 3K health!)

The mechanics are pretty solid I have to say. My strategy against the Chimera is to interrupt its spell. There may be another way to disable it's spell by debuffing it but it's to my understanding that some buffs (or increases) cannot be debuffed. I also still haven't figured out how to respec my characters but I haven't spent much time trying.

I'll definitely have to respec in order to beat the Chimera.

I should add the respec feature is a great idea. I won't say why because it's getting late.

Anyways, I'm having a blast!

Izno

Site Admin

Re: Aarklash Legacy Kicking My Butt

PostFri Sep 13, 2013 8:46 am

We are happy you enjoy the game !

For the Chimera, is it indeed important to remove her augmentations, otherwise one of her ability will one shot everyone around. I would advise pausing when she starts casting it, and use Denzil's ability to remove buffs at that very moment ;)

As for the respec, it unlocks only after you get all of your abilities and start specing. Just right clic on the level of the skill you want to get back too and the skills point will be available to use again.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions, and have fun !

Return to General Forum