It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 am

Aarklash completed Feedback and Spoilers inside

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

manageri

Re: Aarklash completed Feedback and Spoilers inside

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Don't kill Quaestors first, it's better to let them channel their invulnerability beam onto one of it's allies so you can taunt it onto your tank. Just have someone ready to interupt them when they try to cast their heal.

QDemon19

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 1:26 pm

How would you have gone about this fight.

I went after the Questor since he seemed to have a lot of spells and skills.

manageri

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Archers first since they're very easy to kill, then the spectres. Like I said, keeping a queastor alive is actually good for you as you can redirect their invulnerability beam onto your tank with a taunt, so they should never be your first nuke target. Black Paladins are very durable and don't have anything extremely dangerous up their sleeve so they're probably the last unit you wanna kill in almost any group, though if you're using Wendaroo it can be a good move to nuke them to low health to steal their invulnerability for your tank (at least if they've already been injured by AoE so you don't have to spend too much time on it). Of course using Wendaroo means you probably don't need any such assistance with keeping everyone alive, even with Bo tanking.

QDemon19

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you, will try it and then report back.

QDemon19

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Okay, so redid the fight, the archers did not appear, but I went for the Questor, then the specters and finally the Paladins.
Worked like a charm, did re-spec my characters a bit.

My gripe with the game is still this - Boss fights are a breeze compared to regular mobs, with mobs it is all about positioning and timing, especially when you've multiple casters all of whom you cannot attack at once.
I did the Lord of Pain yesterday, no issues at all, but there was a mob (Questor,Black Priest, Flesh Specter, 2 Paladins and 2 Horrors) a little way from his position that I'm unable to defeat.

Great game though, love every moment of it.

nyaxx

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 pm

I went with Knokka, Nella, Leck Lorus, and Motcha for my first playthrough (medium). It ended up working a lot like the Frinz/Leck AOE burst combo Emberstrike described. Since both my main nukers were magic, I picked up the AOE magic armor debuff from Leck. Once Knokka had a few extra points, she could add her (short ranged) magic nuke as well.

I also found the boss fights easier than many of the regular ones. I think it's because you only have to worry about one enemy. If they summoned some of the regular enemies to help i feel they would be suitably challenging. Maybe on higher difficulties?
Previous

Return to General Forum