It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

Just how much is 100 armor?

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

hank

Just how much is 100 armor?

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Does anyone have a sense of how protective armor is? I see an enemy with 50 physical and 200 magical armor, but I have no idea what this corresponds to. Obviously they take less damage from magical than from physical, but how much less? Does 200 armor mean -20% damage? -50%? It makes a big difference in strategy to know just how ineffective using magic against this enemy would be.

Izno

Site Admin

Re: Just how much is 100 armor?

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 8:47 am

I've asked the devs how it works but they are busy atm, I will explain a bit later when I have more information myself. Apparently, it's not that complicated ;)

nyaxx

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Has there been any more info on this? I would like to know as well.

Izno

Site Admin

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 8:23 am

Ok so here is the formula, I'm pretty bad with maths but I think I got it right.

The Lead Dev asked me not to give the modifier, to let the theorycrafters among you search a bit ;)

(Sheet armor + Balance flat + Integrated armor modifer)x(100+Armor modifier in % + Difficulty scale) / 100

Note : there are armor values for every type of damage and so you have a real armor value for every one of them. The value of the type of damage is used to calculate the % of absorption.

And the original, in french.

Formule du calcul des effets de l'armure :

Formule armure.JPG
Formule armure.JPG (33.73 KiB) Viewed 15778 times

Hope that helps ! Sorry about the delay by the way..

nyaxx

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 2:25 am

That looks helpful, but i'm not quite sure what everything means. "Sheet armor" is the armor value shown in the game? And "Armor modifier in %" is from buffs/debuffs (eg Knokka's Plasmatic Silica)? What is the meaning of "Balance flat" and "Integrated armor modifer"?

Edit: I have been running some tests and it looks like there is diminishing returns on the armor stat (in other words, each point of armor is worth less actual mitigation as you get more armor). Based on my tests, I would estimate the answer to the original question of "how much mitigation is 100 armor" is 25% on medium difficulty, if the character has exactly 100 armor, but increasing to 200 armor would not mean 50% mitigation.

Are there more types of damage than physical and magical?
Does enemy armor work the same way as PC armor?

Izno

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 am

Sheet armor is the value displayed on your character sheet. Armor modifier comes from buffs and debufffs and the integrated armor modifier is the value you're looking for, acting as a disminishing return.

There is only two types of damage, physical and magical and yes, NPC's armor work the same way than it does for the player.

Here is the absorption formula , that should help you understanding. It works the same way for both magical and physical damage :

% of absorption : (Armor / ("real" armor / ("real" armor + absorption constant))) x100

Formule d'absorption.JPG
Formule d'absorption.JPG (15.79 KiB) Viewed 15736 times

Nite

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 8:10 am

So, % of absorption formula
Code: Select all
 (Armor / ("real" armor / ("real" armor + absorption constant))) x100
is equal to
Armor * 100 * (1 + absorption constant / "real" armor)

I have some question - what the "real" armor is? Even there is already armor value in formula? And if "Real armor" is a result of other formula, then what is just armor?

And about previous ("real"?) armor formula:
(Sheet armor + BalanceFlat + IntegratedArmorModifer) x (100% + ArmorMod% + DifficultyScale%)

There are 3 constants (depends not on game situations): BalanceFlat, IntegratedArmorModifer and DifDifficultyScale%.
DifficultyScale looks easy to understand - it depends of difficulty we select. It can be >0 if it applies to enemy troops (to make them stronger) or <0 if it applies to player's group (to make heroes take more damage) or to all of units in fight (makes fights go faster = harder to react on situations). It's OK.
But what are BalanceFlat and IntegratedArmorModifer? What can be "balaced"?
And what is IntegratedArmorModifer? "hiden" armor for unit or just a buff or something else?

Nite

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 am

% of absorption :
(Armor / ("real" armor / ("real" armor + absorption constant))) x100

is equal to
Armor * 100 * (1 + AbsorptionConstant/"Real"Armor)

So, the higher the armor and AbsorptionConstant - the higher damage reduction. The higher "Real"Armor - the lesser damage reduction (Sounds strange).

What's the armor and "real" armor are? Which one of them is calculated by previous formula? ((Sheet armor + Balance flat + Integrated armor modifer)x(100+Armor modifier in % + Difficulty scale) / 100)

And there are too many unclear variables: Balance flat (what needs to be balanced in formula? Is it constant? Maybe =50?), Integrated armor modifer ("hiden" stat for unit or constant modifier for every calculation?). Absorption Constant is unclear too, if it's value =0 then "real"armor does nothing in calculations.

Izno

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 am

To be honest, I have no idea how it works exactly..

I'll try to have to send the Lead Developper your way if he has a moment ;)

Nite

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm

sorry for 2x post, they just doesn't appear after posting, so i right it again -____-

Return to General Forum