It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

A few simple UI suggestions

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

manageri

A few simple UI suggestions

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 am

The UI in the game is mostly very well designed, especially compared to what passes for acceptable UIs in today's AAA game industry, but there's a few things I think could be improved.

- The biggest flaw, I think, is how you need to hover the cursor over that little bubble to see units buffs and debuffs. This is very cumbersome when trying to quickly scan enemies for increase effects you might want to steal, or to check how long a control effect will last etc. I would suggest making the enemy's effects appear constantly below the selected enemy unit's detailed information window, and a similar window for the currently selected party members effects somewhere (lower right?) as well. I feel these simple changes would greatly increase the fluidity of the action.

- I would love to see the skill cooldowns of each party member next to their icons without having to select them.

- It would be very helpful if you could see the names of instantly activated skills the enemies use popping up over their heads, and also for the spell name of incantations to be visible without having to hover over the cast-time sphere.

- I'd prefer it if pausing the game also paused all the floating damage numbers etc.

nyaxx

Re: A few simple UI suggestions

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I agree, both that the UI in general is pretty solid and the biggest issue is the buffs and debuffs. The other things would be nice but the game plays fine without them imo.

Izno

Site Admin

Re: A few simple UI suggestions

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 am

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated ;)

Return to General Forum