It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

Error or intended?

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

Vrythur

Error or intended?

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 am

Nella's Elemental Storm has a incantation time of 5s instead of the 3s shown in the spell's description.

Nella's Escape (those with "increases the speed of attack") increases Nella's movement speed instead of attack speed.

Wendaroo's Sacred Feast does not tap life from an ally with damage immunity. Does this mean that the Sacred Feast's life tap is considered a kind of damage instead of spell cost?

I also found a few inconsistencies between the subtitles and voice acting during cutscenes. I guess all these will be fixed in the future?

And also...
Perhaps come out with a DLC that introduces more unique bosses? >:)

This game is amazing. <3

Izno

Site Admin

Re: Error or intended?

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm

We are glad you are enjoying the game, that is why me make games after all !

As for your first and second remark, I will check in-game but it seems odd. I do remember the cast being sensibly shorter than Leck Lorus initial fear, which is 5 seconds.

Sacred Feast is indeed considered as a damage, so that is working as intended ;)

As for the voice acting, it's either been adpated to sound better when spoken or at the contrary sligthly modified to fit in the text box. It's not exactly the same at all times.

Vrythur

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Ok I just tested it with a stopwatch and I am pretty sure that all Nella's spells have longer incantation time than supposed. I have spent a good 30 minutes doing tests.

This is what I did for my test:

I paused the game and clicked the spell. I started the stopwatch AFTER (not together) hitting the Spacebar and I stopped the stopwatch just before the incantation time ended. The time on my stopwatch should theoretically be slightly shorter than the incantation time shown in the description but instead I got 3.6s to 3.8s for 3s spells.

Apparently only Nella is affected.
Last edited by Vrythur on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nyaxx

PostMon Sep 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Vrythur wrote:Nella's Escape (those with "increases the speed of attack") increases Nella's movement speed instead of attack speed.

I noticed this as well. One of the upgrade descriptions correctly states move speed, but the skill description itself is wrong.

Also, Motcha's advantage says he regens mana "800 times" faster for 5 seconds after using a skill. if that were the case, he would never run out of mana ;) I'm guessing it should say "8 times" or maybe "800 percent".

Izno

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 am

Ok, so after investigating, it was always intended that her move speed is increased, so the description is wrong. It will be fixed in the next patch.

After discussing with the lead dev about the cast time, the explanation is fairly simple. The 3s represent the duration of the cast "charging" animation, and the extra time you're experiencing is the cast "launch" animation, that is not reflected in the tooltip.
In general, the cast "launch" animation last around 1 sec, and the spell goes off in the middle. It is more visible with Nella as her casting animation are more spectacular and the spell effect tends to take a bit more time to happen.

As for Motcha, the number is wrong, it is 800% (tooltip will be corrected in the next patch). His basic regen is 7 and the duration being only 5sec, it's not overpowered. But it makes mana regen stacking really interesting ;)

nyaxx

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Hm, that doesn't make sense to me. 800 times 7 equals 5600 mana regened per second. Motcha only has 1000 mana, so that would mean he would fully refill his mana bar in less than 1/5th of a second. 8 * 7 = 56, or 280 mana regened over the 5 seconds the bonus lasts for, which is much more consistent with what I was actually seeing in the game.

Izno

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Fail from our side, it is 800% as you expected ;)

I edited my previous message for more clarity.

nyaxx

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Still a pretty useful advantage, not as overpowered as the description made it seem though :)

The cast "launch" thing for Nella makes sense too. I noticed that even though her Escape has no cast time it does not go off right away, I guess that is a similar thing.

Vrythur

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh.. so its the animation delay. A little bit too long in my opinion. :(

Return to General Forum