It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

Adding "Pause" Command

Share your experience on Aarklash: Legacy and discuss with other players!
  • Author

mitsu80

Adding "Pause" Command

PostThu May 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi guys! first of all the game is good considering the budget u had ^^
my suggestion is if u guys can add a pause command that can be stacked...it will give more controle in my humble opinion :) and thx

Jolly Roger

Site Admin

Re: Adding "Pause" Command

PostMon May 12, 2014 8:11 am

Hi there,

You can pause the game by pressing Space. In fact, this is the basis of the combat system. :)
This action is not stackable but, as you can do it at anytime you want, it allows you to have more control of the situation.
Aarklash Legacy - Communication Manager - Community Manager

mitsu80

PostMon May 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Thx for the reply :)
my suggestion came after finishing the game in ragnarock dificulty ^^ so telling me "You can pause the game by pressing Enter" made me smile :D my point is...i am gonna explain it by using a situational example :
i have my tanker that is near death so i decide to use instant healing with nella but right after the heal spell i want her to pause the game so i can asses the situation: do i need to use an area silence? or is it too late for that so i have to use instant immobilisation instead?...ect,and 1 seconde can make or break a battle somtime ;)
and i think adding a "pause" commande like the "wait" one is not so demmanding programation wise and would be a good addition to the gameplay imho
and thx for the reply...i just wanted to clarify my point :)

Jolly Roger

Site Admin

PostWed May 14, 2014 8:28 am

Ok sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

Your idea is good and could work. It's something that we have considered but we finally decided to not add it. We wanted that some actions can't be planned or stackable, to keep the player active during the combats.

We aslo thought of a lot of auto pause options that would lead to the system you propose, but for the same reasons we didn't add it.
Aarklash Legacy - Communication Manager - Community Manager

Return to General Forum